Friday, September 21, 2007

Not the best decision for Ireland

You know, I can relate with Stephen Ireland. I'm guessing his rationale for lying to the Irish national team and the press about his grandmothers passing to get out of national team duty was similar to mine this morning.

I got to the gym a few minutes late this morning, which made my workout carry over past the time I was supposed to leave to give my wife sufficient time to get herself to a class at the same gym. In between our house and said gym there is a stretch of straight two-lane road that is about a half mile long with open fields on either side, except for a single patch of trees bunched on the side of the road about half way across.

Every morning while traveling to and from the gym I could usually spy the cop car crouched on one side of the trees. On this particular morning, I was running so late - and I didn't see the cop on my side of the trees - that I figured that I would chance it. I gunned the accelerator in the name of making up lost time and was traveling well above the 25 mph speed limit.

Just as I passed the trees I took a quick glance in the rear view, and my stomach jumped when I saw the white car promptly pull onto the road and quickly approach my tailgate.

There is only one word to describe decisions like the ones made by myself and Stevie Ireland: moronic.

No comments: